- Soak the porcini in 150ml of warm water for 10 minutes.
- Fry up the wild and chestnut mushrooms in a large knob of butter, remove a few for a garnish later and then add he onion, garlic and thyme
- Add the porcini, water and all, along with the stock, bring to the boil and simmer, half covered, for 10 minutes
- Blitz, but try to retain some mushroom texture, season to taste
- Stir in the creme fraiche, then ladle into bowls and top with the reserved mushrooms and a pinch f chopped fresh parsley
- Serve with some artisan toast topped with warm goats cheese