If ever there was a time to use a high quality free range chicken it’s with this one, you will really taste the difference. I would also recommend using those tomatoes that are still attached to the vine, although cherry or plum varieties are a good alternative.
- Lightly coat the chicken breasts in oil and rub a generous amount of the Cajun spice mix into both sides. (ideally an hour or two in advance)
- Put the chicken under a grill at a medium heat. Depending on how thick the breasts are this will take between 10 and 15 minutes to cook. Remember to turn them at the half way point!
- While this is cooking, whizz up the chilli with the garlic
- Add a tblsp of oil to a small pan and get it medium hot
- Gently fry the mix for 30-60 secs just to take the edge off the chilli and to mellow the garlic
- Take the mix off the heat, give it a minute to cool slightly and put it back in the whizzer oil and all
- Zest the 2 limes and add the bits to the chilli and garlic mix
- Give the limes a quick roll between your palm and the work surface to loosen them up, then cut them in half and juice them straight into the mix
- Add the 4 tblsp of oil and the basil. You should use the soft stalks as well, but avoid any that are too thick and twig like.
- Microwave your honey jar for 10 seconds to make it a little more runny and add a tablespoon to the mix
- Season well and then blend
- Put a load of the salad leaves into each persons bowl along with a few mint leaves
- Chop the toms, add to the leaves and drizzle a generous amount of the dressing over the mix.
- Mix it all up with your hands and spread out the tomatoes
- To serve take the chicken out, slice it into strips and lay it over the top of the salad
- Shave the Parmesan ( or grate using the big holed side of a grater) and put some over the top of the chicken