Perfect for you tomato growers…
- Peel and roughly chop the onion, take all the green bits off the tomatoes and peel the garlic, then put it all in a roasting tin, mix the whole lot with a good glug of quality olive oil and roast at 220 for half an hour
- Whizz up the basil with 300ml of warm water and set to one side
- When done, transfer the veg to a pan (or blender) and blitz.
- Thin the mixture with the basil water until its your desired consistency, add more water if 300ml wasn’t enough
- Serve with an artisan bread such as a nice sourdough or ciabatta and garnish with a pinch of roughly chopped basil