This is NOT your usual pub grub…
BBQ SauceYou’ll also need 1 batch of Awesome BBQ Sauce (or cheat and buy some if you really must)
- Put the oven on circotherm intensive (Neff) at 200 degrees and get the sauce on the go (if you’re making it)
- Finely dice and saute the onion for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to the boil, then simmer for half an hour or until it reduces to a thick sticky sauce.
- Now the eggy base, it adds a nice texture to the bottom of the dish, and helps keep the chicken moist whilst cooking
- Whizz up 8 or so mushrooms with a handful of cheddar. Add the splash of fruit juice and the egg and blitz to a fluffy paste. Pour the mixture into the bottom of two dishes capable of holding a chicken breast (I use high sided, ceramic, oval pie dishes)
- Now do the chicken
- Butterfly the chicken and stuff with the soft cheese and pepperoni, then wrap each one in bacon and pop it into a dish and into the oven.
- Up the oven to 220 and cook for 15 minutes so the bacon gets some colour, then roughly chop the other half a dozen mushrooms, scatter them and a few olives around each chicken, grate a generous amount of parmesan onto each and return to the oven (along with some chips)
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese goes crispy and/or the chips are done.
- Remove from the oven, smother with sauce and serve with the chips, some peas and a little coleslaw